
Well, Christmas is over. It seems that Eric is a little sad that we're past it. Quite honestly, I am kind of glad. I love Christmas but it gives me major stress. I think it is a combination of too high expectations and exhaustion from running around. Every year I struggle with finding a balance between celebrating the real reason for Christmas and everything else it is. I probably just need to learn to go with the flow.
Despite our stress (Eric and I), Ashlynn seemed to have a fun Christmas. She has really become a pro at opening gifts. As she was removing the wrapping paper she seemed so focused on her job that she often didn't pay much attention to what was in the package. I can see how some people have their kids open one gift a day until they run out because Ashlynn seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by all the "stuff" she got. Some things have already been forgotten because they aren't as "interesting" (like a new ball and puzzle). She has really enjoyed her Little People airplane and has taken many passengers on it, including many of the Nativity people. She got a Bitty Baby doll from her 4 grandparents. Ashlynn is quite fascinated by the doll's eyes that close when it is laying down. I'm glad she has this chance to be a "mommy" before our real baby comes. She really isn't very gentle but seems to be getting better. I'm just glad that she had a neat Christmas experience since this is really the first Christmas that she seems to enjoy more than just the lights and tree.

No comments:
Post a Comment