Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Train Ride

Today, for our special Ashlynn and Mommy day (the Tuesdays I don't work... Carter goes to Grandpa's house), we took the Gold Line train to Union Station and explored Olvera Street. Ashlynn was thrilled because we've seen the train travel along the center of the 210 freeway many times and sometimes on our way home after preschool see 2-3 train engines on the bridge at 2nd Avenue in Arcadia, but she had never been on one.
As a former fourth grade teacher I had to take her to the Avila Adobe. (Sometimes I really miss teaching 4th grade social studies!)One of her favorite parts of the trip was a silly, barking, toy dog we saw at one of the stands on Olvera Street.
We also visited the old firehouse that is off the Olvera Street Plaza. But the absolute highlight of our trip was buying a PURPLE parasol. (Because as most of you know because you've probably been informed by Ashlynn... "Purple is my favorite color!")

No comments: