Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nature

Over these past days we have communed with nature quite a lot. On Saturday we joined some friends from our Sunday School class at a cabin in Idyllwild. Yesterday, I took Ashlynn on her first nature hike. We hiked up Monrovia Canyon all the way to the waterfall.
First, Ashlynn with very "unnatural" Doritos fingers and lips. Those kind of foods, when you're away from home, are such a treat.
Eric and Manish, among the fall color
Dillan and Ashlynn being pirates

Just a pretty shot. I loved the colors.
Eric and Ashlynn shared a hand-dipped ice cream bar. It is one of Eric's favorites and hard to find.
Part of the group who walked to the town from the cabin.


Ashlynn and Dillan played a word game

What Carter was doing while we took the group photo above.
Ashlynn and Dillan danced... wouldn't be a get together without a dance with the two of them!
Now... the hike up Monrovia Canyon



This is Ashlynn's favorite picture of the day. Yes, we made it to the waterfall... two miles round trip. I was really proud of her because I only carried her when we crossed the stream (because the time I made her try crossing it while just holding my hand, she stepped into the water).


Two nice days! It's great to live in southern California in November!

No comments: