Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Careful Bone

I love my Ashlynn, but I have to admit, she is not a careful or tidy kid. She's quite "tactile" and likes to get dirty. Even at age "four and a quarter" she still enjoys dropping handfuls of sand on her own head and is not bothered by having a filthy face or hands. *cringe* Plus, she's always spilling things and hurting herself. I know part of it is her age... and her less than perfect vision probably also plays a part... but, sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy, and I've said a few times, "I don't think you have a careful bone in your body!"
The other day she successfully took something that was ceramic to the sink after a meal (without breaking it) and I congratulated her on doing it so nicely. She responded with great enthusiasm, "I do have a careful bone in my body. I've got one and it is in my wrist!"
Is there something I can do to help her grow more of those bones?

No comments: