Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Monday, April 5, 2010

A Trip to the Fire House

On March 31st, Carter and I joined Ashlynn and her preschool class on a walking field trip to the Arcadia Fire Station. I was pretty excited to check out the new station, that was rebuilt and reopened in 2008, because I read a story with my second graders called "A Trip to the Fire House" and have seen the big Glendale fire station on a field trip with my class.
I don't think it was the best idea to bring Carter along, as he is very wiggly and lost interest part-way through a very long tour (lots of info but even too long for the preschoolers), but he did love the trucks and firefighters.

The preschoolers got to climb through the back seats of the fire engine.

Ashlynn and her buddies: Rebecca, Emily, and Lauren
Ashlynn's class
The really nice kitchen
I am so grateful to job-share and be able to go along with Ashlynn on fun field trips like that one!

No comments: