Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Friday, December 10, 2010

First Report Card

Our... I mean Ashlynn's... first report card came home this week.

I was really excited!

I would assume that most parents are excited about their child's first report card and the first documented glimpse of someone else's view of your child.

But, as a teacher, I was REALLY excited.

I've known the other side of the report card process for many years. All the hours I've spent trying to think of just the right way to tell parents about their child at school... in a way that sends the message clearly but kindly.

I understand what it's like to create a report card but I had never known how it felt to read one about my own child.

We opened Ashlynn's report card yesterday afternoon and we were so proud. She is doing really well. I enjoyed reading the teacher's kind comments about my girl.

I'm so glad Ashlynn has a teacher who likes her and appreciates her. I'm so glad she's getting a good start to elementary school.

Yay report cards!

No comments: