Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rose Parade

This New Years Day we joined our friends, the Mountains, for some Rose Parade festivities. We took the Gold Line train into Pasadena, saw some floats, and came home for lunch and naps. Just what a family with a 2 and a half year old (and 5 1/4 year old) can handle after ringing in the New Year the night before (with the East Coast people, so 9 pm).

It was a cold but very beautiful New Years Day!
The ride on a train is always a hit

Checking out the floats along Orange Grove

One of our favorites was the float from Sierra Madre. It was beautiful. (It was a shame that it broke down during the parade.)

Eric's favorite part was this guy riding a huge bull. Okay, I think later we heard that it is a steer, not technically a "bull", but with that nose ring and horns I'm going to call it a bull.


I thought this shot turned out pretty cool
Katie and I had to go against our normal mom rules and let the girls have cotton candy. They were thrilled!

There were many cool airplanes and blimps for the boys to watch.
After the parade we walked back to the station and rode back to the cars with the Mountains.


The little boys
The big boys
Thanks for a fun time, Mountains!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ah.. cute pictures! So glad you all came.

Bec said...

Sounds like a fun morning! Jenna and I went to see the parade but left the baby home with Daddy :)