Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Potty Training Update

I'm sure you've not been losing sleep wondering how potty training is going at our house... but I'm going to tell you, just in case.

Well, after about 3 1/2 frustrating days of accidents and hours spent keeping Carter company while he sat on the potty, Thursday brought a breakthrough.  Eric didn't bring anything into the potty to entertain Carter while he sat... and the kid peed. 

I think it took him a number of days to figure out that HE actually controlled letting the pee go. 

By Friday he was able to sit down, do his business right away, wash his hands, get his little treat, display a sticker on the chart, and move on with life.  Yay! 
Look at all those successes!
He's now able to wear underpants all the time while he's awake.  (He could probably go during naps and bedtime, but with the new bedding, I'd rather not take chances quite yet.)

Now the job is up to us to be aware of time and makes sure we take him to the potty until he gets really good at recognizing the need himself.  We're getting there!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay!!!! I HAVE been wondering! Have you missed changing those diapers (not in the least, here)? Congratulations for hanging in there... and continue to hang in there as "it is a process," my mom reminds me. Same story with Jakie except he doesn't stay dry at night. He's also is still working on #2. He's got it about 50% of the time. We'll have to make a big deal of both boys' underpants next time they're together.