As is the tradition, my mom took me to breakfast. I usually pick Mimi's because there is a berry French toast dish there that I really enjoy. The past 3 years Ashlynn has joined us.
We forgot to have our photo taken during breakfast, so Eric took one when we got home.
Then he took a few of us hanging out.
After hanging out, we went on a very exciting outing to Target, where Ashlynn turned into a whiny, needy and annoying kid. We took her temperature when we got home and found out that she was sick with a 101 degree fever.
After Carter's nap, while Ashlynn took a long nap, I hung out in the backyard with Carter. While he went on his swing and glider, we chatted. It was pretty fun to have a conversation with him!
After getting the shot above, Eric handed me the camera and I got a few really cute photos of Carter (the inspiration for this post).Isn't he cute?
In the evening, my parents and Eric's dad came over for dinner. Ashlynn was feeling a little better and joined us for dinner, dessert (I asked for angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream), and presents.
1 comment:
It's nice to be able to slow down enough and enjoy those little conversations with your little guy, or just hanging out on the couch (I should do that more often). Glad you had a nice birthday, and that Ashlynn was feeling better by day's end!
Post a Comment