Now that it is over, I can confidently say that this winter break was pretty good. Yes, it had some challenges, but on the whole, it went well and we will return to the busy school year feeling refreshed.
On January 2nd, we got together with Eric's college friends and their spouses/ families. Every year we take a group photos. Here is this year's shot (minus Livia and baby Mark, who had to head home a little early):
Our kids now always insist on a silly picture, so here's one of them:
And the boys almost always share some silly or inappropriate video (don't worry about Carter on this one):
The next day, the kids and I met our friends, Katie, Julianna, and Jakie at the Arboretum. There was quite a lot of tree climbing and exploring.
In the evening, we were invited over to the Lees' house for a yummy turkey dinner. It was nice to hang out with our friends.
Saturday was a work day. Eric removed a bougainvillea plant that leaned into our driveway and we replanted a front planter that had been empty and ugly for a long while.
On Sunday, the kids and I baked molasses cookies. I had the molasses for making the gingerbread cookies that never happened before Christmas, so why not use it?
One thing that amazed me about the process was that the kids are now so tall that they didn't need to stand on a chair or stool to reach the counter.
On Sunday night, Eric went and saw a movie with his friend Bo, and I had a few friends over to watch the season premier of "Downton Abbey".
Eric was back to work on Monday but the kids had one more day of vacation. We got out of the house for a little while with a trip to Target and lunch at Corner Bakery.
They really had a great day of playing and drawing with each other. At one point, I followed them out into the backyard where they were in the midst of some imaginary play. They agreed to a few photos. Here's what I got:
Now, we're back to the grind. Hope the start to the new year is going well for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment