Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Weekend

Last weekend was Valentine's Day and Washington's Birthday holiday, so we had a three day weekend.  Woo who!
Friday was the walk-a-thon at the kids' school.  I was teaching that day but did receive a photo from a friend of mine of Carter running his heart out.
The kids also exchanged valentines in their classes.  While Ashlynn was not supposed to address hers to particular students, she did add her own touches to them.  She is so funny and thoughtful.
 I got some valentines of my own.
On Friday night, Eric and the kids went to dinner with my parents, while I went to a craft night at my friend Meril's house.   I love hanging out with my friends!

Margaritas and glitter!
On Saturday, we spent Valentine's afternoon at a science expo at the high school.  Oooo, romantic!  There were some pretty cool displays, and we got to see our first high school robotics tournament.  
 Wow!  I had no idea the level of excitement that happens at a robotics tournament!  Those parents and fans were not that different from sports parents.  They were cheering, holding signs, and wearing their t-shirts supporting the teams.  We were also pretty amused by the matching outfits worn by the teams: foam gear hats, royal clothing (including crowns), lab coats, and even fighter pilot jumpsuits.  I think the kids were also pretty excited to just be in the high school gymnasium.
We enjoyed our Valentine's night together as a family.  Eric cooked a delicious steak dinner, and we dined outside.  Carter is a lot like me and was super excited to help get the back patio ready.
 On Sunday, Ashlynn and I went to church. Carter and Eric stayed home because Carter had the kind of cough that would make people wonder why we brought our sick kid out to expose others to his germs.  In the evening, the kids spent the night at my parents' house (and got to eat Bison burgers, which they thought was pretty cool), and Eric and I went our with another couple for dinner.

Monday's activity was going to the Glendale Galleria to see their American monuments Lego displays.  It was really cool!  What made me even more excited is that we should be able to see all the monuments they featured while on our trip to the East Coast this summer.
 This gives a little perspective on the Capitol Building.
 Oh, and they also got to build and race Lego cars down ramps.

 Such amazing details!
 It was a fun weekend.  I'd like a three day weekend every week!

1 comment:

Bec said...

This looks like so much fun! I definitely want to check out the Lego exhibit and your creme brûlée looks awesome :)