Today is a BIG construction day at our house. There are 4 different crews of guys working on the house: electrical, plumbing, a/c and framing. I think we counted at least 12 guys, in addition to our contractor, Dave, and there may have been more guys under the house doing plumbing. Things are pretty busy and quite noisy, but we don't mind because it means significant progress is being made. They're roughing in most of the project, which is fun because it means that I need to be thinking and dreaming about how we're going to use the space and make sure things are ready to meet our needs. Today I decided that I wanted a light above the window seat in our bedroom, so I can have good light for reading there at night, and they made it happen within an hour or two of my request. This is the time to do it!
Also, the past few days we've started making more decisions and have started shopping for many of the finishing materials. We ordered our kitchen cupboards at Expo yesterday and had fun looking at everything from lighting to toilets at Lowe's. We're struggling with how to approach the bathroom's design, but have had a pretty good idea about how we want everything else to look. There really are so many decisions to be made!
Here's what it looked like yesterday afternoon:

No comments:
Post a Comment