Yep, that's what I think of my little guy. Lately, I've been thinking about how I'm different as a parent with our kids. I'm still a bit of an uptight parent, but that's just my personality. Generally, I've mellowed out (a bit). Where I can see a significant difference is how I experience the kids.

Parenting is certainly exhausting, but it's pretty cool too. I thank God for the two precious blessings he's given us.
With Ashlynn, as our first, everything she does is so amazing. The most recent thing that I find so incredible is her interest in letters and sounds. We're not pushing reading at all but she is very excited about how she can figure out what letters match what sounds. Pretty cool!
However with Carter, I am delighted by each new phase. I'm sure it's because it's not all new to me and I don't have to worry if he'll walk or talk (or whatever) because I saw that even if it took a while, Ashlynn eventully did. I so enjoy the little things he does. His smile, how he "speaks" with such enthusism (I love when he tells me, "Ah wah go ouw-siii!" (I want to go outside.)), how he calls me when he's doing something naughty, and how he gives "passionate" kisses by grabbing my neck and pulling my face to his. Here's a picture of my cute guy wearing his backpack and ready to go anywhere:
1 comment:
Like!!!
Post a Comment