Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Simple Gifts

For Valentine's Day, I made for Eric the second volume of a book I made him 10 years ago (Valentine's Day 2000). The first volume (see below) is filled with cute little reasons, like: because he took swing dancing lessons with me, how he got so excited about gumball machines, blue frosting, and Christmas lights, how he would pout if I didn't wait for him to get the door for me, and because I knew he'd be a great husband and father someday.
That book inspired him to make a book that became a critical piece in his proposal to me, back in June 2001... the final page asking me to spend my life with him!
So, a few weeks back I realized that we were nearing the 10 year anniversary of the first book and knew what I would be giving Eric for this year's Valentine's Day (which was also perfect since we're on a tight budget these days). It was fun to go through to the process of writing down reasons for why I love him now, 10 years, almost 8 years of marriage, and 2 kids later. We really have grown up and matured in our relationship (as it should be!). This volume was filled with reasons like supporting me job sharing, helping care for the kids and for being my best friend.
I wonder what volume 3 will include!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love this idea and think you two are too cute! Very fun to see the artwork on the covers of the books.