Ashlynn finished kindergarten as a beginning reader. This summer I intend to help her maintain, and hopefully improve, her reading skills.
Ashlynn is not (yet) one of those kids who loves to read. I'm sure a big part of it is that she's still learning, and it's hard to enjoy something that you're still learning. Plus, she's like me and doesn't seem to enjoy doing things that she can't do super well.
So, until it all clicks and she really learns to love reading, we're doing all kinds of reading. We're reading to her and she's reading to us (still trying to convince her to read to her brother).
I'm trying to find books she can read that are of higher interest then some of the super simple (boring) ones they read in kindergarten. Some of the classics we've enjoyed reading are:
(Sorry, I stole the images from Amazon. You can't click to look inside.)
And some fun new(ish) series we're enjoying:
Here's to happy reading!





1 comment:
We love Frog & Toad, Elephant & Piggie and Little Bear! J's into Amelia Bedelia these days . . . doesn't get all the jokes and wants them explained over and over.
Post a Comment