Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

LA Galaxy Game

On Saturday we took the kids to their first live sporting event, an LA Galaxy soccer game.  One of my favorite former students, Kristen, gave us the tickets because her dad had a bunch because he is the AYSO commissioner.  Since the tickets were free, we figured we had nothing to lose if the kids didn't last long. 

I really like going to Galaxy games (this was really only my third one live).  I've enjoyed watching Landon Donovan and David Beckham play for years.  They are both on Galaxy and are such natural players.  A while back I had learned that a player from Temple City, Bryan Jordan, is on the team too.  I actually played AYSO for a number of years with his older sister, Cherish, and their dad was my coach or assistant coach for many of those years.  I was on Cherish's team when her brother was born and he came to our games as a baby/ toddler.  Bryan Jordan was a starter for Saturday's game (along with Landon Donovan and David Beckham), so Ashlynn and I had fun cheering for him through the whole game.
 
As we expected, it was a great introduction to professional sporting events and the kids had fun.  We were in a general admission section that wasn't very crowded so the kids had room to move around (but they really sat and watched most of the game).  Also, the crowd wasn't very foul-mouthed (Ashlynn noticed one guy yell "stupid call" or something like that, but we can handle that).  The kids were so entertained that we stayed until just before the end and left the stadium in the 89th minute so we could avoid the crowds (we had expected that they would have had enough by half time). 
 A bonus was that Galaxy won the game!  We look forward to going again.

No comments: