Yesterday, I spent the day with my mom, dad, and brother. After dropping my kids off at school, my family picked me up, and we drove to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (or as I remember it, the Wild Animal Park).
We visited the Lorikeets early, while they were still quite hungry, so we got lots of attention sharing one cup of food.
We saw many animals in some zoo-like exhibits.
One of the highlights of the visit was the Butterfly Pavilion. There were so many butterflies! They landed on people and looked so beautiful on the flowers.
In case you can't tell, I love giraffes.
The lions were easy to spot in their exhibit.
Aww. Look at mom and dad.
Then we watched the elephants for a while. I think they might be my second favorite.
It was even fun to watch them drink.I loved watching the elephants walk past us to another area to eat. The baby was so cute and took off ahead of the others.
We watched some of the animal handlers take a cheetah on a walk. Another handler walked a border collie along, to help keep the cheetah calm.
I rode a rhino.
After leaving the park, we drove west and then north along the coast to San Clemente.
We ate an early dinner on the pier. We all loved the clam chowder and the view.
We took a walk on the pier.
Yay for family time!

No comments:
Post a Comment