One evening we hung out with our friends, the Andersons.
The kids ran through the sprinklers and ate popsicles a few times.
We went to a "Creepy Crawlers" show at the library that was put on by two rangers from the local park. I was called up to hold a hissing cockroach. I was not happy to hold it, but I wanted to be a sport.
Then, Ashlynn was called up to hold a millipede.
The kids went to the Aquarium of the Pacific with Nana and Papa. Look at the cool octopus!
They took swimming lessons.
Carter's beginner class even jumped off the diving board. He got pretty scared and ended up being dropped down to his teacher in the pool.
Ashlynn and I saw a production of one of my favorite musicals, "The Music Man", at the high school.
Another evening we met friends, the Besolis, at the park for another concert. This time we saw our friend, Wendy, sing for a few of the songs.
Yay, Wendy!The kids went to VBS at Paznaz. They had a great time, loved the music, and enjoyed spending time with friends, including Carter's preschool friend, Riley.
We saw my parents quite a bit. Yay for Nana and Papa!
The kids played together a ton. I am so thankful that they get along so well.
One Friday we made our annual summer outing to Griffith Park for a picnic, pony and train rides, a spin on the merry-go-round, and some exploring at Traveltown.
They had a blast!
Train ride
The old merry-go-round
Traveltown
To end the outing, we stopped at 2ee's for ice cream sundaes (and a strawberry shake for me). Yum!
And then we left for our California road trip to end the summer (coming soon).

No comments:
Post a Comment