Carter is a few weeks into kindergarten and every afternoon I ask him about his day (as I also do with Ashlynn). He does not describe the details and I need to ask many questions to find out what he did and who he played with. For the past week he's said that he has been sitting at lunch and playing with a boy from his class but he doesn't know the boy's name.
This morning I encouraged Carter to find out his friend's name. This is how our conversation went:
Me: It would be great if you knew the name of your new friend. How about you ask him what his name is today?
Carter: I don't know, Mom.
Me: All you have to do is ask, "What is your name?"
Carter: Well, I don't know if I can do that. Maybe at recess or lunch. We are not allowed to talk during class.
Looks like I have another rule follower.
It's funny, as an adult, to think about being friends with someone for a number of days and never being concerned about knowing the person's name. I guess information, like a name, is not so important when you're a kid.
1 comment:
It is funny - while Jenna finds out everyone's names, Anikah couldn't tel me the name of one kid in her class :). Maybe next time.
Post a Comment