Today was Ashlynn's first soccer game. She was pretty nervous.
We were a little nervous too, remembering back to the year she played U5. That was a season of watching our girl chase the pack of girls, never getting too close to the action. There was also her quote about not wanting to take the ball away from other players because it isn't nice. Ashlynn Plays U5 More U5
Apparently Ashlynn declared at Wednesday's practice that she was worried that she didn't know what was going on. Here are a few photos from that practice, while they worked with the English coaches who assist all the teams.
Well, none of those worries were warranted. Ashlynn did GREAT in her first game! She got right into the action, she took the ball away from the other team, she defended the goal, she did some good throw-ins, she did some big kicks, and she SCORED HER FIRST GOAL! Oh I wish I had been down by the goal to capture the moment and to see the look on her face. I did see her do her I'm-trying-to-be-modest slouchy walk after, followed by 4 of her teammates running over to congratulate her. It was a great moment!
She started the game in defense (she's #3 on the pink team).
A break at the quarter.
Halftime! Ashlynn's cheeks were more pink than her uniform.
Carter was happy to accept the extra pack of orange slices. I have a feeling that fruit at halftime will be Carter's favorite part of soccer season.
Ashlynn doing a throw-in
The run back after Ashlynn scored.
A proud, hot, and exhausted girl after the game
The post-game meeting. The coaches shared a positive observation about each player and the team gave a clap for each girl after her compliment. Even if the team doesn't "win" a lot this season (they don't keep score, but everybody knows the score), I think this year will be a great experience with kind, encouraging, and fair coaches.
Soccer is off to a great start!
1 comment:
Yeh Ashlynn - Congratulations on your first soccer goal!!!!!!
Love Auntie Laurie
Post a Comment