Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Thursday, June 5, 2014

Almost There!

We are to the final week of school for the kids and me (Eric finishes next week).

Monday and Tuesday were the awards ceremonies for the kids.  I was able to attend Carter's, where he got awards for "mariner manners" and perfect attendance (yes, for his whole year of kindergarten).  Last semester, very few parents attended, but this time, word got out and it was packed!  I saw Carter but he didn't see me standing on the side behind a bunch of other parents.  Still, I was there to cheer!
On Tuesday, Eric attended Ashlynn's assembly where she was honored for perfect attendance and Accelerated Reader.
Aren't you proud of Eric for taking photos?  I am!  

Also, Tuesday was my last day of school with students.  The staff did our end of the year party as a lunch a bit after dismissal, which is perfect for the many of us who live far from the school.  It was so nice to enjoy a leisurely lunch with my teacher friends!
Wednesday was the kindergarten carnival, put on by the parents.  Our class was in charge of the relays (1 class came to the relays while the other 2 played at the carnival). 

In the days prior to the carnival, we knew Carter was eagerly anticipating the fun. He seemed to growl in his excitement, and finally we noticed he would say something about the carnival and say "meat-eater".  A day later I realized that he was saying "carnivore... A meat eater" (he is really into dinosaurs).  I explained the difference between carniVAL and carniVORE, but can't help but wonder what he was thinking was going to happen at school, before I explained.

I got the okay from work that I could be flexible with the work hours, since I didn't have students, and was able to help with the first part of the event.  Yay!

When we got dressed for the day, Carter and I were wearing matching clothes.  I said that I would go change, but Carter asked me to not change and to keep matching with him.  I felt a little silly, but it was also cute that he liked it so much.
The carnival and relays were a lot of fun! 
During the relays Carter was almost constantly jumping in excitement.  
He also loved the Popsicles and popcorn! Here he is with Brennen, Kaleb, and Josiah:
More pics of the fun:
It has been a fun end to the year... And it is not all over, quite yet!

No comments: