
We've had some busy days lately. The mild weather we enjoyed the week after the 4th of July allowed us to go on some outings that we might not have tried if the weather was like it is now (HOT!). After a couple of post 4th of July recovery days/ World Cup semi-final matches and Ashlynn's special trip with Nana to the Long Beach Aquarium on Wednesday, we had a Griffith Park day. The kids rode the ponies, we went on a train ride, we visited Traveltown, and we ate lunch at Porto's.






The following day (Friday), the kids and I met our friends Taleen, Sareen, and baby Alek at the Arboretum.




On Saturday evening, my mom took us to the Arboretum Festival on the Green concert (my dad was at home recovering from toe surgery the day before). I really wanted to attend the concert because one of the girls, Delicia Smith, who I was in Brighter Side Singers (show choir) with in high school had two solos in the evening's show: "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" from
Evita and "Memory" from
Cats. I was so proud!



The following evening we enjoyed dinner at our friends the Mountains' beautiful new house. After a yummy dinner the dads and the kids went swimming in the new development's pool.



In the week that followed, Ashlynn attended VBS so Eric and I had 5 mornings of just Carter. On the day that Ashlynn was having water play at VBS, Carter asked to go in the kiddie pool in our backyard. It was fun to spend time with our little guy.



Well, the weather started to change and after a few hot days we had some promise for a good ole summer storm.
I love summer storms! (The kind we have here or maybe even the ones we've experienced in Europe, not the crazy mid-west ones.) Anyway, it looked like we would be getting a good thunder storm... but after some threatening skies and a beautiful 180 degree rainbow, we just got a few large drops.
Oh well! There's still a lot of summer left!


What have you been up to?
1 comment:
Great pics! Makes me want to get together again.. soon! Bo was out of town when that summer storm came. We had 5-10 minutes of rain out here. I've got two slow weeks with two kids on my hands, and Bo is out of town the entire last week in July, so let me know if you can get together for some summer fun!
Katie
PS - How'd Ashlynn like VBS?
Post a Comment