On the Monday after Easter, Ashlynn's gold ticket was pulled at school, so she was honored at the school's weekly "morning announcements" assembly. It's always nice to have your efforts recognized and rewarded.
Here's a shot I hadn't planned to include but as I was looking through the photos with Carter, he pointed out the picture and said, "I fwuhswate to you, mama!" Although, I'm not proud to be the cause of his frustration, I was proud that he is able to recognize emotions.
On Wednesday, Carter and I met friends, Gretchen, Josiah, Joanna and Declan at the airport in LaVerne for breakfast.
On Saturday, Eric's Aunt Laurie flew down to celebrate Eric's and Brian's birthdays. We had his family over for a picnic in our backyard.
As is the tradition for Brian's birthday, we ate dinner at Shogun. It's always entertaining to see how the kids react to the show, especially the fire and noisy parts.
Carter did not like the fire part of the show and was pretty tense from that point in the evening on. He seemed to think that his drink cover would protect him from the sound and sights.
The new "cool" thing this year were the chopsticks "trainers" that allowed the kids to eat fairly successfully with chopsticks.
Here's our cool dog hanging out and looking out the front door. (Random, I know. But she looked cute.)This week is teacher appreciation week at Ashlynn's school. One Monday the kids brought flowers for an arrangement. It was cute to see the little kiddos proudly arrive at school with flowers for their teachers.
That was our week! Tomorrow I'm back to work for two exciting days of CST testing.
No comments:
Post a Comment