Ashlynn and I are in the midst of checking out on-line photos and videos about Prince William and Princess Kate's wedding (I understand that she technically doesn't hold the title of "princess", but we'll call her it anyway!). Every girl's dream!
I realized the other day that Ashlynn is the same age I was when Charles and Diana married in 1981. I don't think I watched much of the wedding, as I'm certain my mom didn't wake me in the early morning to watch it and we didn't even have VCRs in those days to record it, but I do remember watching bits of the wedding on TV and seeing photos of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. I remember Diana's long train and veil and thinking that it was all pretty magical.
I did not get up at 3am on Friday morning to watch the wedding (sleep is a bigger priority), but I must admit that I've loved checking out the pictures and watching the videos of the wedding. I LOVED the dress. I loved how William mouthed to her, "You look beautiful," when she arrived at the alter. I loved the sweet and shy glances they gave each other during the ceremony. I loved how she said, "Oh, wow!" when they walked out on the balcony at Buckingham Palace. And I loved the images of the two of them driving in that Aston Martin convertible, like a regular couple (minus the Aston Martin).
It has been such fun to dream with Ashlynn about what it must be like to be a regular girl who marries a prince.
May they live happily ever after!


No comments:
Post a Comment