Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Thursday, March 29, 2012

In Our Future: Braces

Ashlynn has 2 bottom front teeth that have been loose for quite a while.  We're talking at least a month and a half.  A few weeks back I looked in her mouth more carefully and noticed that her adult teeth are coming in behind the baby ones.  I've heard of this happening, so I didn't freak out, especially because the baby teeth are loose and are on their way out. 

Eric and I both had braces (although I had a waaaay more "exciting" orthodontic experience that included 5 years of braces, many teeth removed by oral surgeons, and major jaw surgery.  Woot!  Woot!  I get the prize.), so we were pretty much expecting that our kids will also need orthodontic work. 

When our kids' teeth came in I wasn't surprised that their mouths were crowded with teeth, so I could only assume that bigger adult teeth will have a pretty hard time fitting in such a small space.

The first adult tooth that popped up in Ashlynn's mouth looked pretty straight.  Somehow, I felt hopeful.

The second tooth poked through and I saw what I expected...it is crooked. 
 Even with crooked teeth, she is still beautiful!

No comments: