Tuesday was a workday for me but my teaching partner, Tracey, was so kind and offered to work my day. I didn't feel right having her work a whole day, but I took her up on the offer for part of the day (until morning recess) so I could take Carter to breakfast.
I asked him where he wanted to go and he chose the restaurant at the El Monte Airport. I'm not sure if it is actually his favorite place for breakfast or if he realizes that we went there for his 2nd and 3rd birthdays, and somehow wanted to make it some kind of tradition.
We usually go on a weekend, but since it was a weekday, there was a slightly different, gray-haired crowd who were all inside the restaurant, so we had the whole, chilly, outside area to ourselves. It really was cold, but it was Carter's birthday so I stuck it out.
Since it was also overcast, we didn't see much action from the airplanes; only two took off. Still, Carter was happy to eat pancakes and bacon, drink orange juice and look at airplanes. It was nice together time!
I dropped Carter off at Grandpa's house. They met Nana and Papa at Casa del Rey for lunch.
In the evening we had family over for dinner. This year Aunt Jane and Aunt Corinne (my dad's sisters) joined us, which was a fun addition to the usual bunch of us.
After dinner Carter opened his presents
Uncle Dave gave Carter 7 masks. Trying them on was a lot of fun!Carter's "big gift" from us was a big boy bike
Carter did not want cake for his birthday treat. Instead he chose fruit smoothies.
Happy birthday, Carter! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment