Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Friday, June 8, 2012

Last Weekend

June is certainly a busy month.  I think it's probably that way for many people.  We are no exception, especially as teachers. 

Last weekend was a fairly busy one. 

On Saturday we went to my cousin Connor's graduation party.  He graduated from Loyola High School and will be attending TCU (Texas Christian) in the fall.  He already has a spot on their baseball team roster.  (I'm pretty proud.)  The wonderful thing about the party was that we got to hang out with my extended family.  When I was younger, even up to about the time when Eric and I got married, we would see each other quite a few times throughout the year for birthdays and holidays.  Now, we rarely see each other, but when we do, it's always a nice time.
My mom, Aunt Jane and Uncle Steve
Family
My cousin Connor (on the left)
Carter dancing to country music
Carter and Uncle Dave
We had an early dinner at the party so we had a late "dinner" of french fries and milk shakes at the In-N-Out by LAX.  It is right under the landing route and the planes seem so close to you as they rumble over.  We are a family of airplane lovers, so it was pretty thrilling.
Sunday was a busy day at church.  I volunteered in the nursery, Eric donated blood for the "Blood for Bibles" drive (each donation buys 4 Bibles that will be sent to Iran), and Ashlynn sang in two services for Pentecost Sunday (my parents sang with the adult choir too).   The music was great!
 I love watching Ashlynn sing and dance.
 And then we began a super busy work week...

1 comment:

Katie said...

We went to see the airplanes at LAX from the In 'n Out just yesterday! That was our first time.. Jakie loved it!