Monday was Ashlynn's first day of school. Since I started a week before and put in my week of being full time, Monday was my first day off. Eric's first day was Tuesday, so he was also off. So, the whole family took Ashlynn to school on her first day.
There were chocolate chip muffins, bacon and milk for breakfast
Yay for second grade!
Sporting a new backpack
In front of school
As we waited outside her classroom, Ashlynn got a little teary. She said she was scared but I think it was more that she was overwhelmed by the new-ness of a new year. The night before she had said, "I like new, but new is also scary."
She's got Lydia in her class again. I am so thankful that these sweet girls are together! Ashlynn relaxed when Lydia arrived to the line.
Waiting to meet her teacher
Inside her classroom
Giving her teacher a first day treat. I have been given a few over the years and considered it very thoughtful, so we've done it every year beginning in preschool.
At her desk
After school we grabbed a few friends for a photo. Aren't they cute girls?
Ashlynn reported that her first day was great. She had fun and thinks her teacher is nice.
After leaving Mayflower, Ashlynn and I stopped at Yogurtland for a cool treat to celebrate a successful first day of school.
I am thankful for good starts!


1 comment:
I like the special breakfast, treat after school, new backpack, first day pictures and first day treats for the teacher! You have got this school thing down!
Post a Comment