| The happy birthday girl |
| A 7 pancake as part of breakfast |
| Ready for school |
Nana, Papa, Uncle Dave and Uncle Brian joined us for Ashlynn's birthday dinner.
| Looks like the uncles coordinated their outfits :) |
| Silly picture |
There was some fun with the Pringles
Later, Ashlynn opened her gifts. I was really pleased to see how Ashlynn read each card and gave a thoughtful response about it. My girl is growing up!
To ward off a little of the jealousy, Carter got a brother-of-the-birthday-girl gift.
As one of Ashlynn's gifts, I gave Ashlynn my Kirsten American Girl doll, that I got when I was a kid.
Ashlynn's main gift from us was a pioneer girl dress. Her birthday list for months had been "a pioneer dress for me and my dolls, a doll-size covered wagon, pilgrim clothes for me and my dolls, and a doll-sized Mayflower ship". Let me tell you, it feels a little silly to tell that list to her friends' moms when they asked what Ashlynn wanted.
Anyway, Ashlynn loved the dress. She was still giddy at bedtime about what a great birthday she was having (anticipating her party too).
Carter got some tickles from Papa and Daddy.
Grandpa called from Oklahoma.
Me with the birthday girl
Carter thought it was pretty funny wearing a sunbonnet
Our family
Happy birthday to Ashlynn! She requested ice cream sundaes (apparently she really doesn't like frosting).
We've got a seven year old! Where does the time go?
No comments:
Post a Comment