Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Saturday, September 15, 2012

Redefining Christian

When I picked Carter up from preschool the other day he was holding a booklet.  He asked what kind of book it was.  I looked at it and told him quickly, "It's a Christian Business Directory."

He looked at me very seriously and asked, "Mom, do you have a Christian in your class this year?" 

I immediately realized what he was asking about.  A few years back I had a rather "challenging" student named Christian in my class and in kindergarten Ashlynn had a naughty classmate name Christian in her class.  Apparently Carter associates the word "Christian" as the name of "bad boys", not the religion we practice.


So, I guess I need to work on redefining the word Christian!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah, well... that's probably a lifelong process for any one of us! A good teaching moment!