This post actually belongs before the Kid-Free Weekend Post, but oh well!
Over spring break I suggested to Eric that we visit UCLA so he could share about the college he went to for undergrad work. I thought that he could proudly show off "his school" and the kids could get a taste of what college is all about. As I expected, he totally bit on the idea.
We started in an athletic programs museum (or as I thought of it, their version of Heritage Hall at USC, which is where my grandma worked). I like to joke with Eric that although they certainly have an impressive collection of trophies, we were only able to spot one Heisman Trophy (I couldn't go to UCLA and not make a few jokes).
Ashlynn was super cute and took notes throughout our visit at UCLA.
The Bruin Bear
Once we got up by Royce Hall, I wanted to take a nice photo of Eric and the kids. Carter was totally not cooperative. I love this photo now, although at the time we were pretty frustrated with him.
We checked out the library, which apparently was closed for most of Eric's time at UCLA because of the Northridge Earthquake.
After walking around, we ate lunch in the food court. While Eric grabbed food, the kids worked on their notes.
Well, Carter drew a picture of one of the buildings and asked me to write down his ideas about the visit.
We drove home along Wilshire Blvd., mostly so we could spot fancy cars. Here's Ashlynn looking up Rodeo Drive.
And here's a Porche dealership. Our family has developed a little car game that is similar to "Slug a Bug", without the slugging. Carter is an expert Porche spotter, so whenever we see a Porche, we shout out "Poowr-shuh!" the way Carter says it (which is kind of like I think someone from Boston would say it).
It was another fun spring break day!
No comments:
Post a Comment