Please leave comments ... it keeps me motivated!


Monday, November 25, 2013

First Signs of Christmas at our House

We are not ready for Christmas and are happy to take the whole one-holiday-at-a-time approach, but a few Christmas related things have happened at our house. 

The kids wrote letters to Santa.  Carter's ability to write made the task even more fun this year (I love little ones sounding out words).
 Ashlynn was her usual honest self, admitting to Santa that she has done "okay" being good this year.
 Here's Carter's letter:
"Dier Santu
I have Bin a vere Gud Buy.  I wot a car and a cat suft anml.
Fum Carter"

We actually shopped for them over a month ago, but yesterday we turned in our Operation Christmas Child boxes at church (well, we forgot to bring them in the morning, so we headed back over later, which is why Ashlynn isn't in church clothes in her picture).  The kids LOVE this activity.  They love shopping for kids they will (probably) never know, but are so happy to bless them with things they need and things our kids think they will enjoy.
 Christmas is coming (in one month!)!!!

No comments: