The other day I was made aware of the truth of our blog's title "They Grow Up So Fast".
Carter was invited to a play date with two of his preschool friends, Riley and Matthew. I hadn't planned to bring Ashlynn but she was invited to come and the family who invited us had a big water slide so I figured she could have fun without getting too involved with what the preschoolers were doing. Plus, the siblings of Carter's other friends were going to be at the play date too. The kids had a blast on the water slide (although Carter was too scared to go down the slide).
It was at lunchtime that it really hit me that our kids are growing up. The moms were preparing the plates for the kids and we needed to cut the food into itty-bitty pieces. It's a simple thing but I realized that I really don't have to do that kind of stuff any more. I still cut food up that requires a knife or cut fruit into bit-sized pieces, but I don't need to really worry about little ones choking... which meant that I don't have "little ones". It was a funny feeling. For so long I've been the mom with the little ones. I've been the one who has to get home for nap time or who doesn't have a decent conversation because I'm dealing with kid issues. Looking at the photo at the top, you can see that my kids are now "big kids". Woah.
No comments:
Post a Comment