Last night after I finished reading a book to Carter and saying his prayer with him, I told him, "Tomorrow is a you and me day." He responded, "Yay! I am SO excited!"
Today is cold and drizzly/ cloudy, so as good southern Californians, we needed to think of something to do inside. Carter suggested, "Let's do something FUN!" I asked what that was and he said, "Can we go get hot chocolate for me and tea for you?" Okay!
We headed over to Coffee Bean and were fortunate to find the two comfy leather chairs were open.
We sat and talked about things, like cars and Carter's future. For over a year, if you asked Carter what he wants to be when he grows up he would say "a Daddy!" We've talked about while being a Daddy is a wonderful thing, he will also need a job that pays the bills. Recently he has accepted this and has said jobs such as fireman and car maker. The other day during his bath he said he wanted to go to the Olympics and be a swimmer. Today he told me that he wants to be an Olympic swimmer and make Ferraris and Bugattis. Perfect!
Right in the middle of our conversation Carter exclaimed, "Oooo! Look, it's 'the'!"
In anticipation of kindergarten I decided to start teaching him some sight words. A few weeks ago I made him a "'the' detective". He thinks secret spies and detectives are really cool, so he was really happy to carry around a sticky note with "the" written on it as he looked for the word. He's gotten really good at spotting them, so I've added a few other words, like "and", "to", and "car" (it is the first part of his name).
Today he spotted "the" on our plate. I love how excited he gets when he finds the words!
I'm so glad he suggested we go out for hot chocolate and tea!
2 comments:
FUN! Those happen to be my FAVORITE chairs and I spend many hours in them working for New Horizons!
Hmm . . . I might have to pick your brain for some more word game ideas for my soon-to-be kindergartener!
Post a Comment